Upcoming Courses Classes fill up quickly. Reserve your spot with a deposit today!
|03/19/2018 - 662-AI - Giant Wedding Paper Flowers - Hollywood, FL||Details||$300|
|03/20/2018 - 550-3A - Wedding Floral Rental Packages - 2 day - Hollywood, FL||Details||$649|
|03/22/2018 - 949-IA - Stage Designing and Lighting - Hollywood, FL||Details||$300|
|04/02/2018 - CED-12DBI - Certified Event Decorator® Course (CED) 12 Day Course - Hollywood, FL||Details||$3,499|
What makes the Event Decorating Academy different from other decorating schools?
What does each course include?
Do you offer online classes?
Do you have a brochure that shows all the classes currently offered?
What should people look for when looking for a decorating school?
What about the accreditation or degrees offered by other schools
Where can I find testimonials of people that had attend the school?
Where can I see pictures of students working?
May I take video of the classes?
Can we take pictures?
Do you have the class schedule online?
I saw a class in the schedule and now is not there, what happened?
How can I enroll?
Why should I become a Certified Event Decorator?
What do you get after you complete the Certified Event Decorator (CED) certification program?
Where do students stay during class weeks?
How can I find a roommate?
Once I enroll, what do I need to take with me? Very, very important!
What do students do in their free time?
Who endorses EDA school?
What is the Certified Event Decorator ® credential
Why do the other guys offer a “degree” for attending a six day seminar?
Are all the classes inside your location?
Why should I learn professional event decor?
- What is the Event Decorating Academy®?
- The Event Decorating Academy® is the original, and first school in the world to offer full multi displine event decorating courses.
Founded by the Multi-award winning designer Carmen Ballering. The Academy is the primary source for the aspiring student to learn all aspects of event decorating. Our detailed courses cover a broad range of crafts including but not limited to: balloon decorating, event centerpieces, floral design, Styrofoam props, balloon sculptures and an outstanding fabric draping courses which is unique to our academy.
Naturally, we also cover the business end of event decorating, such as building an impressive portfolio, properly pricing your services and marketing your business in a way that will guarantee success!
You can only become a Certified Event Decorator® [CED] at the Event Decorating Academy®
Classes are offered year round. We also offer Saturday courses for locals.
You will learn the skills necessary to become a Certified Event Decorator® at our comprehensive two week (12 day) course held at our state-of-the-art facility in Hollywood, FL. 15 minutes north of Miami Beach. We also offer one to six days beginner to advance classes.
Our Master Event Designer™ course is for students that had successfully passed the CED certification and wish to advance their skills.
- Why should I attend the Event Decorating Academy®?
- The Event Decorating Academy® offers a variety of decorating courses. They are designed to accommodate your busy schedule by allowing you to choose the dates and classes you need to succeed.
All of our courses are hands on with you building full scale decor. When you have completed a course you will have the confidence to sell the job because you have created similar decor with your own hands during class.
Whether you are looking for new employment opportunities or just have a passion for decorating, there is a course geared to you.
Our program is designed to provide the training you need to succeed in a single location; It is ideal for people that want a quick way to learn... a short cut to success!
Whether you want to start a new career or expand an existing event decor business our courses offer the opportunity to learn all the necessary techniques and proper credentials to be competitive in this growing market.
- What makes the Event Decorating Academy different from other decorating schools?
- We are the originators of comprehensive professional event decorating training.
In the past there were educational opportunities that focused on a single discipline such as floral design or balloon decor.
In 2007 we began offering the full range of event decor training at one location; balloon decor, floral design, painted props, 3-D Styrofoam props, centerpieces, fabric draping and the all important business classes. Importantly you learn hands on at the Event Decorating Academy®
Our courses are taught by instructors who run successful event decorating businesses.
Recently there have been a few new companies that have popped up who claim to offer similar education and have gone as far as copying our content and using confusingly similar designations.
Do your own research. Do they have an actual location or are they operating out of a rented post office box? Are their instructors active event decorators or just instructors? Will you build full scale event decor hands on or will you sit back and watch the instructor build it, leaving you without the skills to do it yourself?
- What does each course include?
- All classes include lunch, materials and a manual full of receipts, instructions and pictures.
In some classes you will build pieces that you may take home with you.
Tools and safety equipment are provided by the school to be used while in class.
Every class gives you an opportunity to take photos of your work to add to your portfolio, which will help you sell more jobs sooner.
- Do you offer online classes?
- We have a strong opinion about online classes, DVDs and books.
Event Decorating is very hands on. While you can try to duplicate what you see in a video, you do not receive the feedback that makes your work better and more effective.
You bought the video, but are you going to buy the supplies and tools to build what you are trying to learn? What products and tools are the right ones? Where do you find them? We have everything you need in our established location. All the equipment and materials for the perfect hands on experience and practice you need to start selling as soon as you are done with the course. We don’t push our students to buy products in order to learn. We provide everything in a safe and family friendly location.
The school setting also pushes you to complete the project, even though it may seem difficult at first.
In a class setting you can ask questions and get answers as you go. Will you get the same from a DVD?
- Do you have a brochure that shows all the classes currently offered?
- Yes we do. You can view it online or download it.
- What should people look for when looking for a decorating school?
- You should thoroughly research your educational choices before committing your time and money.
- Do they have an actual business location and local business license or do they operate out of a rented post office box
- Who are the instructors?
- Were the instructors successful professional event decorators. If so:
- Was it home based or did he/her had an actual studio or storefront?
- How many years in business before becoming an instructor?
- Have they won awards for their work?
- Are they endorsed by any manufacturing company?
- Are they recognized as the industry leaders?
- Are they still active decorators? Instructors that are still decorators will be teaching people to become their competitors, so it is in their interest to hold back vital information.
- Are they creative, constantly building new designs, or do they simply recycle old designs they copied from another.
- Do they have good ratings with the Better Business Bureau and PayPal?
- Are they in the US or are they from another country that don’t pay taxes to uncle sam?
- Are they an actual school or just a traveling seminar?
- What about the accreditation or degrees offered by other schools?
- Many of our imitators claim to offer accreditation or degrees. Just like you we were curious about this.
We found all of these claims to be false, with the accreditation organizations having no record of their businesses.
- Where can I find testimonials of people that had attend the school?
- Please check out the testimonials given by past students as well as video testimonials
- Can I see pictures of students working in class?
- Of course we have pictures of students at the Event Decorating Academy
- May I take video of the classes?
- Unfortunately video taping is not allowed.
- Can we take pictures?
- Yes you may take pictures of everything you build in school, in fact we encourage you to bring your camera, camera phone or iPad to take pictures of your work.
With our 4,000 square foot facility you will be able to take some great pictures of great decor that you created.
These photos will help you build up a portfolio full of great decorations to help your business grow right away.
- Do you have the class schedule online?
- Yes, all upcoming classes with full description and tuition fees are on our online schedule. You may wish to bookmark this page.
- I saw a class in the schedule and now is not there, what happened?
- We limit our class size so that every student gets the attention they need to succeed. Once a class is at capacity it is removed from the schedule.
Call us for more information on the classes you are interested in.
- How can I enroll?
- Enrollment is on FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED basis.
Every student needs to fill out an enrollment application online or print one and fax or mail it to us.
All enrollment applications must include the registration deposit. Your spot is not held until we receive the application and deposit. Please see our cancellation and refund policy
- Why should I become a Certified Event Decorator?
- Even if you have been in business for a while, getting certified in an array of different techniques will help increase your sales.
Having these credentials may increase your ability to get the good, well paying event jobs. In addition, you will learn tips and tricks that will help make your jobs more profitable. You also learn the latest designs to remain a step ahead of your competitors.
While other instructors may keep their most valuable secrets to themselves at the Event Decorating Academy we share it all.
- What do you get after you complete the Certified Event Decorator (CED) certification program?
- Students that attend our graduation event receive a professional framed certification. Students that choose not to attend the graduation ceremony will receive an unframed certification by mail. We do this to encourage participation in the graduation.
Our graduation events are a fun way for students to meet others who have taken and passed the Certified Event Decorator course to meet other from different sessions. In the past we have held these events on cruises and in Jamaica. For 2015 we are planning the graduation in Punta Cana Dominican Republic
These events also have a networking and learning element, with free classes for the grads and round table discussions.
- Where do students stay during class weeks?
- Students can select the hotel of their choice, however we work with local hotels that offer discounts and shuttle service to and from class.
If you choose a different hotel you are responsible for your own transportation.
Some students choose to bring their families and stay at a beach resort. We are located less than three miles from the beach and minutes from the downtown Hollywood entertainment district
- How can I find a roommate?
- Let us know if you will like to find a roommate to share the cost and we can put you on the roommate wanted list. Please note that we will pass on your email and telephone number to the people that are looking for a roommate. It will be your responsibility to work out details with them.
- Once I enroll, what do I need to take with me? Very, very important!
- Depending on the time of the year, you want to find out what the weather is like and dress accordingly. It is usually warm in South Florida year round, but some years it is cool in the evenings during December and January
- Comfortable shoes, snickers or closed shoes with rubber soles are required to climb ladders during class.
- Comfortable clothes, you may wear shorts and tank tops if you wish during the summer, Miami gets really hot and humid.
- Make sure you bring a sweater or light jacket to class everyday as we keep the room cool because you will be working on your projects
- An extra suit case to take home some of the pieces you make in class
- You should also bring a notebook, pens, pencil, sharpie, and a highlighter. If you forget them we sell them at the school.
- Camera, batteries, extra SD cards, etc.
- What do students do in their free time?
- There are no classes on Sunday. Many students take advantage of this and go to the beach. If you wish you may bring beach clothes and join the group. We have one of the most beautiful beaches in the nation.
- Others take tours: they go snorkeling, take short boat rides, rent jet skis or even spend the day walking or bike riding at the Hollywood board walk in Hollywood beach.
- We are located next to downtown Hollywood with great restaurants and night life, many students like to go out in the evening after class with their classmates and have dinner and even catch a drink or two with classmates.
- Like to dance, there are many places to do so on Hollywood Blvd.
- The majority of the students stay at the hotels, which are across from a big shopping center where they can walk to.
- Many also choose to have a relaxing day sitting by the pool at their hotel room.
- Who endorses EDA school?
- Many of the largest balloon and decor manufacturers provide the school with product to better prepare our students. Anagram,
Betallic, and Qualatex balloons are the major sponsors of the school. They make sure we use the best and latest products for the best training.
We also are sponsored by manufacturing companies, Syndicate sales and Design master among others. These companies believe in our training and help the industry grow with education.
- What is the Certified Event Decorator ® credential?
- Our certification is earned, not given. A student must demonstrate that they have the skills and knowledge to be a proficient event decorator. With our interactive training almost all students have passed the exam.
The Certified Event Decorator® is trademarked by Event Decorating Academy®.
The Academy is recognized by many major manufacturers and distributors of event decor products and balloons as a premier source of professional education.
- Why do the other guys offer a “degree” for attending a six day seminar?
- It is false marketing hype. There are no degrees that can be obtained in the US, or most other countries without attending a two year program at an accredited college. Do the research, as we did.
- Are all the classes inside your location?
- Most are.
Some are more appropriate on location, such as our Destination Wedding Courses that are held on the beach so that you learn under actual beach conditions.
We also offer 3-6 day seminars on specific elements of event decor in off site locations around the country. These are a subset of the Certified Event Decorator Course as it is impossible to bring the equipment and materials for a multifaceted training to distant locations.
- Why should I learn professional event decor?
- The event decorating business allows you to enjoy the freedom, convenience, and comfort of being your own boss. This is your opportunity to join this lucrative field and learn how to start your new career without delay. Even if you are an advanced balloon decorator you will be amazed with the amount of things you will learn with this course.
Whether you are looking for new employment opportunities or just have a passion for decorating, there is a course for you.
Subscribe to our Free weekly Event Decor Tips, Tricks & Recipes
We will not spam your email.
Memberships and Sponsors: